- "Tadashi's restraining himself tonight and so am I. You see... I'm usually a very lazy fellow. I prefer catching forty winks whenever I can to fighting. But harm my friends family and even this lazy bum will get off his futon and hound your steps till you're dead at my feet."
- —Shin to Jimi and Rosa.[src]
|Demon in the Moonlight|
|Previous Affiliation||Gotei 13, Soul Society|
|Previous Occupation||7th Division Captain, 7th Division 3rd Seat|
|Previous Team||7th Division|
|Previous Partner||Yukimura Kori|
|Base of Operations||Reikai|
|Family||Yukimura Kori (Sister, deceased)|
Riki Nagakura (Brother)
Rika Nagakura (Sister, deceased)
|Bankai||Konakere Kakusan Kiryoku|
- The sharp mind held back by laziness. - Kenji-Taichō
Shin Nagakura (シン長倉, Nagakura Shin) was the last man to Captain the 7th Division of the old Gotei 13. He was the oldest sibling of Yukimura, Riki and Rika Nagakura, also being the uncle of Itazura and Mariko Kori. He was thought to have died during the Collapse alongside his brother-in-law and childhood friend Tadashi Kori, so the younger generation could live. Recent rumours however have emerged suggesting that Shin, alongside his lifelong friend Tadashi, actually survived the Collapse. Shin was thought to have given up his own life so that his younger brother, Riki Nagakura, could survive. He later appeared alongside Tadashi in the company of Kenji Hiroshi and Lisa Yadōmaru, proving that his death was greatly exaggerated.
- "Oh for the love of...! Do I need to spell it out for you!? God lord! You bumped uglies, done the no pants dance, rode the skin bus into town. You rode the salmon, done the horizontal hula, danced the four-legged fox trot, done the-"
- —Shin to his brother, Riki, regarding Anko Amatsuki.[src]
- Main article -- Bleach (Kenji Hiroshi).
Part I Edit
- Main article -- Bleach: Sun and Moon Chronicles.
Rivalries arc Edit
Trickster arc Edit
- Trickster Strikes Part VII (mentioned only)
- Trickster Strikes Part IX
- Trickster Strikes Part X
- Trickster Strikes Part XI
- Trickster Strikes Part XII
Exiles arc Edit
Arrival arc Edit
Part II Edit
- Main article -- Bleach: War of the Worlds.
Final Clash arc Edit
Part III Edit
Part IV Edit
- Main article -- Bleach: Cataclysm.
Rising arc Edit
War on Two Fronts arc Edit
Powers and Abilities Edit
Linked Battle Formation (連動一戦形成, Rendou Issen Keisei): a series of battle formations and team-based tactics Shin employs when fighting alongside Tadashi Kori. These tactics have been perfected and modified since their days training and competing with one-another in the Shinō Academy.
- Formation One (形成一, Keisei Ichi): a bait-and-switch manoeuvre which has Tadashi draw an opponent's attention whilst Shin escapes in stealth to ambush his enemy from behind. The effectiveness in which the two employ the feint enables them to ambush even experienced assassin's and Onmitsukidō operatives.
- Formation Four (形成四, Keisei Shi):
Immense Spiritual Energy: As one of the two oldest Captains in the Gotei 13 during his tenure (the other being Tadashi), Shin boasted monstrous spiritual power which was under fine and disciplined control, enabling him to effectively sneak up on an experienced assassin of Rosa's calibre without being detected. Jimi would later claim that Shin and Tadashi couldn't be defeated without some sort of plan.
Stealth: Shin was capable of attacking Rosa without the latter detecting his presence, cutting her back open in the process with his Zanpakutō. In addition he was capable of blind-siding Jimi with Hakuda, who is an experienced Onmitsukidō operative, without reprisal.
Zanjutsu Mastery: Although not possessing of the raw skill shown by Tadashi, Shin was nevertheless a masterful practitioner of Zanjutsu who could pressure even Averian whilst alongside Tadashi. He swiftly cut down through Rosa's back without the assassin even noting his presence.
Hakuda: Shin was capable of blind-siding Jimi during their battle with a swift kick to his jaw that sent him flying.
Hohō Mastery: Shin was capable of arriving at the scene of Kusaka's battle with Jimi and Rosa mere minutes after being informed of the event by Anika, and then demonstrated his prowess by outmanoeuvring an Onmitsukidō operative and a skilled assassin.
Amaterasu (天照, Illuminating Heaven). Shin's Zanpakutō takes the form of a standard katana with a circular guard. He notably refers to it as "she", making him one of the few males to own a Zanpakutō's whose spirit is female.
- Shikai: The release command of Shin's Zanpakutō is currently unknown.
- Shikai Special Ability: Amaterasu is a Kidō-type Zanpakutō that expels tremendous amounts of light upon release. Her abilities deal with the projection of light for various purposes, most of which are supplementary. Amaterasu was capable of projecting countless clones of Shin to fight on his behalf, warp the appearance and spiritual signature of Tadashi to match that of Shin himself, as well as instantly relay information back to Shin when said clones are dispersed. Averian deduced that she was an illusionary-type Zanpakutō based on these powers, but Shin discounts this.
- Bankai: Not revealed.
- "You'll find I'm a very lazy fellow. But rest assured, harm my niece or nephew, then even this lazy bum will get off his futon and hunt you to the ends of the earth."
- "You call this swill drink!? Tadashi, we've got a problem! We're outta booze!"
- "After the Collpase... my body was taken from the scene. Neither truly alive or truly dead. I was an undying shadow in a world of light. Kenji saved me. So I'll stand beside him now and help him bury you."'
Behind the Scenes Edit
The idea of his improved Shunkō was inspired by the Yu Yu Hakusho character Hiei, as he was able to turn his Dragon of the Darkness Flame back on himself to gain increased power. Shin, instead of coating his arms and shoulders in pressurized Kidō, forces it around his entire body to gain extra strength.