|Occupation||Leader of Xodus|
|Partner||Members of Xodus|
|Previous Partner||Hama Alliance|
|Base of Operations||Hama Town|
Ryusei High School
Hama Weapons Academy
|Bankai||Not Yet Revealed|
Haruki Satonaka (スプリングウッド, Spring Wood) is the son of Van Satonaka and Anna Satonaka, making him the nephew of former 9th Division Captain, Shirosuke Satonaka. He along with his twin sister Azami live in Hama Town and attend Ryūsei High School. After searching for a way to become stronger, he has decided to attend the Yuengiri Academy.
After rescuing Jikan Rasen and Akiye from their prisons in Soul Society and teaming up with the members of the Rookie Six to stop Shori Keihatsu's plot, Haruki escaped the war torn area, although he lost his best friend Yurei Mizuki, with the rest of his friends. Because of his friend's death Haruki decided to once again become stronger and set out with many others in order to train with The Masters. During the tournament, Haruki broke up with his then girlfriend, but managed to leave with a new budding romance in the form of Morgiana Kurokami, however, due to winning he was forced to leave everyone he knew for two months, leaving their future up in the air.
AppearanceEditHaruki as a small child had heterochromatic eyes; one being red the other being blue. He had bright silver hair and usually had it unkempt matching his sister Azami. As he got older his eyes took on a green tone and his hair shortened quite a bit. While trying to defend his parents alongside his sister when they were young, from their grandfather Rei'juro Satonaka, Haruki received a scar over his right eye that only appears when angered or using his abilities.
After maturing, Haruki decided to differentiate himself from his twin sister by keeping his natural silver colored hair while she allowed her to go blonde. Haruki is relatively small for his age, speaking in terms of his body type. He has the average height of a thirteen year old, but lacks some of the upper body strength. However, he is not weak. His hair is very spiky, and it reaches passed his neck. Haruki is seen most often seen wearing a purplish over shirt, with a blue under shirt. The over shirt is a very baggy shirt and the sleeves reach passed his elbows. The under shirt, is baggy as well, but the sleeves stop at the elbows. He wears red pants, that look similar to what a samurai would wear. These pants are loose and have to be held up with a belt, which is red. He carries two swords around with him, but only uses one at a time. He wears his head band around his neck. His shoes are brown and made to move fast in.After, training at the Yuengiri Academy with his instructor Naishō Kawahiru and potential love interest Asuka Heart Haruki returned to his home, leaving his new friend behind in the process. After the training Haruki began to fine tune his training at home with his sister and his mother. Once the training was complete, Haruki began to wear a new martial arts uniform as a symbol of all of the hard work he had put into getting stronger. Haruki now wears a long black sleeveless top that has the bottom hanging from his back as though it were a cape and the Satonaka Clan symbol on the back. Haruki also sports long black pants that stop just before his ankles and has jet black tabi on his feet. The outfit is held together with a white obi tied around the waist instead of the former purple one that he used to wear, reminiscent to that of a standard shinigami. He no longer wears his hair loose and flowing, but now he decided to keep it tied into a lengthy ponytail instead. Ruiko Crozzeria made a note upon seeing him again, that Haruki looks visibly older after he completed his training as his features are much more chiseled and refined as if he has matured both physically and spiritually. After the two year training period alongside Hibiki Sumeragi after winning The Masters' tournament, Haruki's appearance has changed yet again as he has matured physically. Having a new lean cut body as a result of his training, he has grown taller, his hair has grown longer and flaky, Haruki's facial appearance has changed and matured slightly. He wears a new sleek dark blue colored undershirt shirt that has white lining and a white over shirt with the emblem of The Masters located on the side of the sleeves and a white cape with the very same emblem on the back and a pair of purplish-colored battle gloves with dark grey-colored baggy pants. Following yet another time-skip, Haruki's appearance has changed again. He has become much taller and has developed more defined features, befitting that of an adult. His clothing consists of a hybrid of modern, futuristic and old features. He wears a vibrant red sleeved jacket with two long thin tails hanging from the back. Under it is a black shirt with three red belts. Haruki also sports a pair of black gloves with a red shell on the backs of the hands. Underneath his red jacket, he wears a black hakama that fits close to his body very snuggly. Haruki can also be seen wearing a pair of crimson red boots that possess steel plates near the toes.
PersonalityEditWhen described by others, Haruki would be described as good-natured, timid and cowardly. However, that all changes as he shows no fear in the face of true danger. When faced with tough opposition, he will stand up for himself and be truly strong; or at least, strong enough to protect those who are dear to him.
Although at first he ran at the very first sign of danger, and didn't want to train unless forced by his father and mother, he endured the hard training and seems to be slowly growing to love learning swordplay and show fearlessness in battle. Haruki is not usually seen as a serious fighter by any of his opponents, which has led to many victories over seemingly impossible odds and his care for his newly found friends has made him prove victorious time and time again.
Haruki is overall a quiet, brooding, and gentle person. Even though he rarely opens up to people, he shows concern and worries about the situations of those close to him, especially his twin sister Azami and close friends Apollo and Yurei. He also feels bitterness whenever someone dies, even if it's a death of an enemy much to the dismay of those around him on the field of battle. Even in the battlefield, he is not a type of person that could hide his guilt of killing someone by saying that he is just doing his job. He hates fighting and conflicts, but because of his fate as a Shinigami, he thinks that he will always be in the battlefield because of his upbringing and need to protect his home. Haruki believes that if he tries hard enough it is possible to end conflicts and evils around the world; and he's glad that he could contribute to that by using himself and his own abilities on the battlefield.
Due to Kisara Shinzui's influence on him, Haruki has shown a bit of a perverted side, such as when he gropes Tabane Alcott moments after she puts on a bikini, despite warnings that he will go through hell in return. However, despite Kisara's influence, Haruki has shown a modest and innocent side towards women, such as when he ever sees his former girlfriend Akane Kiyomizu and his new crush Milla Kagerou almost naked, he immediately becomes flustered and almost passes out. Whenever he sees women barely dressed or almost naked, he tends to have a nosebleed. He usually tries not to be perverted and tries to be modest and is embarrassed when he has to resort to perverted motives.
Unlike most of the other members of the Hama Alliance, Haruki tends to think logically. He also sticks to his convictions; the most notable is his belief to never hit a woman, no matter the situation, due to an oath he made with the other males of the Hama Alliance. This vow often backfires as when women try to fight him, they become extremely irritated and mistake it for sexism, such as the case with his friend Izuna Harribel.
Haruki only wants enough strength to protect those that he loves by defeating his enemies without causing more than enough damage and protecting them as well. Haruki seems to have another power within him, which his opponents often describe as light in the middle of darkness. This often results in many of those he has defeated turning over to the good side. Haruki himself is a confident, laid-back, carefree and levelheaded individual, evident in his general attitude as he is rarely seen without a small grin on his face. Though it is hidden under comedic exterior he is shown to be mature for someone of his age and will become very serious when the time calls for it His love for his friends inspire all who around him, and, as a result, he easily becomes well-liked by the people he meets throughout his adventures. He is well-known for his unbeatable determination and unbelievable drive.
He has constantly shown to be a very kind, selfless, polite, and helpful young man and always puts others before himself. Even when it comes to his enemies, he shows them respect and never speaks ill of them and even cares for their well-being and refuses to allow them to ever speak ill of others. Whenever he's injured or someone else is, he states the other people injured should be tended to first. Haruki constantly tries to befriend others, even if they were former enemies and always acts friendly towards them. It is because of his kind nature that he lacks killing intent due to his desire not to kill others. Several people are moved by his kindness and selfless nature, to the point they even change sides and befriend him.
HistoryEditBeing born to two powerful shinigami Haruki inherited their innate spiritual ability. He watched his sister Azami develop a connection with her zanpakuto at a young age. This enticed him to attempt to develop his own abilities and eventually led to the reflexive, although relatively short manifestation of his Fullbring.
Now that Attending Ryusei High School Haruki has reached an age that Van and Anna have decided that he and his sister are ready to inherit their zanpakutos once more. One day while at school the mysterious shinigami known as Inshu Senshi attacked Hama Town and in turn caused lots of destruction to the school which in turned caused Haruki, Azami, and their classmates Apollo Myberg and Yurei Mizuki to take action.
After the completely one-sided battle against Inshu, Haruki and Yurei decided to train, leading to their eventual meeting with Kentaro Hiroshi and Harumi Kazuki. During his fight with Harumi, he realized just how much of a difference there was between their powers, losing confidence and losing the fight in the process. After the fight however, Haruki accepted Harumi's offer to teach him Kido. After this quick tutoring process, Haruki quickly struck up a friendship with Kentaro, as they both wanted to surpass their fathers.
- Academy Arc: Starting Anew
- Academy Arc: New Students?
- Haruki's Training Arc: Starting off with a Bang!
Soul Society ArcEdit
- Soul Society arc: Infiltration
- Hidden in Hama Town
- Soul Society arc: Exploration
- Soul Society arc: Unification
Post-Soul Society ArcEdit
Training With The Masters ArcEdit
Powers and AbilitiesEditMassive Spiritual Energy: Haruki has had a great amount of spiritual energy since birth along with his sister. As a child his and Azami's spiritual energy was constantly leaking out drawing in hollows but, when he got older the scar received from his grandfather acted as a seal. Now when angered his spiritual energy breaks past its reservoir surpassing low lieutenant level shinigami, allowing him to seem stronger than he actually is at times as well continue fighting once his own reserves has been depleted. After training with The Masters, Haruki has learned how to be able to exert his spiritual energy around his body in small bursts in order to knock back and opponent or free himself from bindings.
- Unyielding Spirit: The unyeilding spirit that he possesses allows Haruki to continue fighting even after receiving extensive damage, which could incapacitate normal fighters. His strong fighting spirit is able to help him overcome illusions as well as it reinforces his mental state; giving him a higher threshold of mental control before falling subjected to mental fatigue.
- Eye of the Forgotten: This eye has the power of precognition, giving Haruki a better chance at surviving in battles by predicting the opponent's movement as well as analyzing their abilities. Ultimately, it also allows Haruki to realize the desired future out of all the possible futures that currently exists. Consequently, however, the price for these powers is that upon death, Haruki's soul will be absorbed into the eye as it's being passed on to the next individual. When passed on, no traces of the eye will remain, and his body will appear as though it never had a right eye. This also allows him to adapt and learn new fighting concepts quite quickly, explaining how Haruki was able to catch on to the skills of The Masters in such a short frame of time. Upon the death of his friend Yurei Mizuki, this eye was transferred to Haruki.
Kido Practioner: After being taught by Harumi Kazuki, Haruki learned to have some minor skills in this area being most proficient in healing and destruction spells. Once he completed his training under The Masters, Haruki has honed his kido skills far past that of what it once was. He can use Chiyudō spells in the midst of battle witth ease, showing just how much skill he has developed in the area. After training with The Masters, Haruki has furthered developed his skills in the art of Kido, however, not in the way one would expect. With Cecily recognizing that Haruki is skilled in destruction spells, not because he is gifted, but because he naturally attuned to the art of Kido negation.
- Chiyudō (治癒の方法, "Way of Healing"):
- Kido Negation: Not to be confused with cancelling out a spell with a spell of equal strength, Haruki is able to completely negate the full effect of a spell by absorbing it into his body. The reason why he was not able to properly distribute his energy when channeling a spell is because he is meant to draw in the energy instead. However, this is not without its drawbacks as the effects of spells are negated, but the damage caused by offense spells still hurt him. Since negating a Kido spell requires Haruki to take the spell into his body, this acts a double-edged sword since a spell too powerful for him to handle may result in excrutiating pain, if not outright death.
- Kosen (虎ねじ, Tiger Drill): By thrusting his body forward, Haruki is able to cause all of his body weight and the very force of his charge to flow into the tip of his blade. In doing so, the destructive force and the power of the simple initial technique is multiplied several times over, allowing the blade to take on the appearance of a spinning drill. This technique is incredibly potent as it is able to pierce through most defenses based on its design alone, although it builds in power with the more speed and arm strength Haruki builds up during its use. By combining this technique with his Yuengiri training, Haruki is able to develop deviations, allowing him to catch opponents fatally off-guard in the process.
- Kosen Mutou (虎穿無刀 "Swordless Tiger Drill"): Functioning in the same manner as the original Kosen, this attack uses his palm alone in order to inflict damage to an opponent. Haruki developed this technique during his training with Hibiki, in order to improve his combat potential. Placing his weight into the palm of hand, so to speak, Haruki is able to give the impact of his blow bone-crushing strength in the process; which is enough to send even the sturdiest of foes away should they not attempt to guard.
Enhanced Endurance: During his fight with Daichi, Haruki exhibited an enhanced level of endurance by being struck by his opponent's sword strike which caused him to impact into a wall, before picking himself up and continuing on with the fight.
Flash Steps ExpertEditHaruki's most noticeable trait is his exceptional speed and is commented as potentially being one of the fastest younger Shinigami. Hibiki Sumeragi, Haruki's teacher, has commented that Haruki's speed is constantly growing and eventually he could rival the speed of those in the 2nd Division. Despite initially not knowing of the use of Flash Steps, Haruki has developed his skill in this area by leaps and bounds over the two year training session, even out-pacing those who have been trained in the area since a young age. With further training, Haruki has shown himself to have a high degree of agility that he uses in conjuction with his swordplay. He has an incredible amount of reflexes and quickness in battle as shown when he takes on several unseated members of the Gotei 13, dodging each of their lethal techniques while they were attacking and responding with his own attacks. After harnessing the full-training session in two years, Haruki has perfected two particular techniques from his previous Yuengiri training, using them in his fighting style in conjunction with his other teachings, allowing for a series of devastating battle combinations. Haruki has always had an exceptional amount of coordination by being able to control all of the muscles within his body, even instinctively doing it while in the midst of battle against stronger opponents in order to dodge potentially fatal attacks, completely unaware that it is happening.
- Kōuno Furasshu (降雨のフラッシュ, Flash of Rain): An entirely offensive-based technique which uses gravity and momentum, coupled with the users own physical strength to destroy the intended target. The practitioner draws the blade out of its sheath ever-so slightly before falling forward into a type of free-fall. The ensuing gravitational pull is then used to accelerate their body by kicking off the ground, or platform of reishi, with the right foot; while the left is used for balance. The blade is then freed from the sheath, with the resulting slash being fit to cleave through even fortified Kidō and other such defenses in thanks to the gravitational pull, sheer momentum and simple strength multiplied by the former factors.
- Kōuno Furasshu: Kaminari Kyō (降雨のフラッシュ 雷卿, Flash of Rain: Lightning Lord): One of the few Wan'nesu that exists as an extension of a pre-existing technique, in this case Kōuno Furasshu. The difference applied to Kaminari Kyō is the execution, which includes using ones vision. The practitioner gets within three steps of the opponent before applying the initial drawing sequence saw in Kōuno Furasshu. However, this time the user steps diagonally quickly enough appear suddenly in the end of the opponent's perifial vision; giving the appearance that they have simply vanished. The next step causes the user to appear behind the opponent in order to begin the falling motion once more. The final step takes the speed, momentum and gravitational pull to cleave the target clean in two, usually with a horizontal slash, as the blade is often held horizontally during build-up and execution.
Expert Swordsmanship SpecialistEditAfter training at the Yuengiri Academy with Naisho Kawahiru as his tutor, Haruki's knowledge of fighting has improved to the point where he is able fight on par with some demons and lieutenant level shinigami. While still not considered an expert in the field of swordplay, after training with The Masters, Haruki's skill has improved dramatically. Being taught personally by Hibiki Sumeragi, Haruki has learned to employ quick yet precise strikes in order to finish off his opponents. During the long training, Haruki has learned to hide any signals given off by his prepatory actions when he starts to move. Upon doing so, the initial movements of his attacks lacks any noticeable signs, causing even the most skilled of martial artists to react slowly.
- Satonaka Style: Haruki has learned from his father a form of swordsmanship that resembles a mixture between Battojutsu and Classical Fencing. This style is famed as "The Blade That Becomes Invisible" Unlike most styles of swordplay, the sword is held with a reverse grip when drawn, allowing more flexibility and quick adjustments should they be needed. With this style, the attacks consist of quick drawing and cutting techniques that are able to create various illusions by rapidly moving the air around the blade. However, the blade does not have to be re-sheathed in order to continue attacking as the reverse grip allows the same function, by causing the user to simply change the arrangement of their hands in order to follow through with another attack. When in use, the blade seems to vanish as two cuts are made with seemingly a single swing of the blade, illustrating just how much speed goes into utilizing this style properly. The Satonaka style is not just about speed, but also precision. It has been seen that users of this style are capable of slicing a passing dragonfly so finely, that it continues to fly breifly before it finally falls to its wounds seconds later.
- Tenretsu Seijaku-ryu Expert: Having giving up the teachings of the Yuengiri, Haruki instead forcused on a new style of swordsmanship to use in conjuction with that of his father's created style. After training with Hibiki, Haruki has incorporated the idea of Mushin into his training. In doing so, he has developed a sensory of what is needed to grasp what it is to be a user of the Tenretsu Seijaku-ryu.
- Perceptive Swordsman: After his training with Hibiki Sumeragi, Haruki is able to actively and accurately read his opponent's emotions through the quick analyzation of their bodily features, including: facial expressions, eye movement, tensing and releasing of muscles, and even breathing. By correctly interpreting these indicators Haruki is able to predict where and how the opponent’s attack will proceed, allowing him to react a few fractions of a seconds faster than normal, which in turn grants Haruki that capability to counter a bit easier than normal.
Kyūsaishami (救済者三, Japanese for "Savior of Three"): In its sealed state it takes the form of a traditional nodachi, a Japanese longsword. Its hilt is covered in a series of darkened bandages. The handguard itself takes the form of a tsuba, a flat plate perpendicular to the hilt, which has its two faces covered in intricate decorations, and possesses a mildly rounded, elongated shape with four points curving inwards, generating soft nooks, which make the tsuba itself vaguely reminiscent of a stylized four-leaf clover. The weapon comes with a matching saya, a lacquered scabbard, which is a dark crimson in color. The bottom end of said saya is tapered off in a light chape, and has a decorative ribbon tied around its middle section, with its two ends flowing off. On the base of the scabbard also lies a silver chain bound to a cross-shaped medallion given to him by his late teacher, the blade is solid white and is approximately two feet in length and an inch wide from blade edge to the brunt-side.
- Sealed Special Ability: Shikirijitsu (仕切り実, Japanese for "Division of Reality"): This is an ability that can be used in or out of his shikai form and with this Haruki channels the reishi in the air into his blade and then releases it in the form of red energy ripples. These blast can be molded and directed with his mind and this makes them deadly accurate, once hit the effect is that it causes the separation of his opponent between their mind, body and soul aka Willpower, Knowledge and Emotion. As they separate they become relatively weaker in areas outside that divisions specialty.
Shikai: To release Kyūsaishami he holds his blade pointed to the ground in front of his heart and utters the command, "Embrace" and without removing the sword from the sheath it is enveloped in spiritual energy and then takes the form of an elongated Daitō having no crossguard and reversed colors. His appearance also slightly changes as his Shihakushō changes into a western style outfit with an eastern motif, consisting of a long haori similar to that of a Captains in the Gotei 13, a solid black sleeveless shirt with matching pants that are slimmer than that of the normal hakama. On his feet he wears blue armor plated boots and around his neck is a matching bandana. Atop his head he wears a blue cowboy hat accented with gold trimming.
- Shikai Special Ability: At first Kyūsaishami's powers seem to be that of a melee type and nothing more but its true powers reside in the ability to control Haruki's opponents ability to fight by manipulating their willpower and emotions and then viewing their actions before they happen allowing for a counter to be made ahead of time. These abilities are triggered by an invisible ring of spiritual energy which when mixed with his Shikirijitsu ability allows the area to fall under certain laws divided into three areas governed by his spirits, once triggered all within are under these rules including Haruki himself as he is separated as well with each version of Haruki having a separate blade to use in combat. These three areas are locked from all outside influences and cannot be entered unless the one governing them allows it. The three separate versions of Haruki each hold a separate form of his shikai as the Wisdom entity holds a short dagger-like version of the Daitō capable of creating mirrors that can become a shield, or a lens to amplify the other attacks. His Willpower entity wields the full-sized Daitō and relies more on sword skills. The Emotion entity's sword is dissolved into a glove and has little special powers as this form relies on kidō.
- Sekiha Tenkyoken: (関波天ミラーブレード, Japanese for "Spirit Stone Wave of the Heavenly Mirror Blade"): Learned while training to completely master his Shikai, this has also become Haruki's signature technique. When used it takes the form of a large azure colored sphere of raw energy at the point of his blade. This condensed energy is then released after Haruki slices through the sphere with his blade, releasing a stream of intense energy towards the opponent(s). The degree of the damage done depends on the intensity of the emotion he is currently feeling in his heart during the fight, the more intense the emotion then the stronger the Sekiha Tenkyoken released becomes. The Emotion form of Haruki can bypass this stipulation completely, unleasing the full force of this attack at each opportunity. 
- Jōshōryū (上昇竜, Ascending Dragon): Summoning a translucent purple dragon from the tip of his blade, it roars at first to intimidate the opponent, then throws itself at Haruki, forming a many sided barrier with multiple translucent orbs located on it that form it's squared faces. The barrier is extremely durable being capable of withstanding almost any attack that is launched at it and it's only weakness being that if an orb is destroyed, the barrier begins to shrink, and will continue to shrink along with the more orbs that are destroyed, until it crushes Haruki. To avoid this deadly fate, he can deactivate it. The Wisdom form can bypass this weakness as it can easily create more orbs or even create several copies of this technique at one time in order to completely overwhelm an opponent.
- Tenjishi (天獅子, Heavenly Lion): This technique summons a massive electrically charged lion with large fangs and red-colored eyes that begins extending its maw wide revealing a wide gaping pit of what appears to be electricity. This appearance is merely a trick as it is highly condensed reishi that moves about this beast's body. Before the technique connects, Tenjishi lets out a mighty roar before charging into the opponent, ramming its large body into the target. Upon making contact, the condensed reishi that flows throughout this beast's body will begin ripping into the opponent as though they were made up of several buzz-saws, attacking the unfortunate victim on a sub-atomic level.
Bankai: Not Yet Revealed
Kentaro Hiroshi: Despite also being friends, Haruki views Kentaro as an obstacle that he himself need to overcome in order to become stronger. While Kentaro tries hard to distance himself from staying in his father's shadow, Haruki embraces the fact the he is his father's son, using that fact alone to drive his passion and ambition to become a great warrior. Haruki knows that there is a vast distance in the skill levels of himself and Kentaro, but has vowed to one day best his friend in combat.
Behind The ScenesEdit
Haruki's younger appearance is based off of Gama Kurogane from Gamaran, while his older appearance is based on Ragna's appearance in the Blazblue manga.
- The Kosen and Kosen Mutou are based on the same concepts found in Gamaran as well.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found