|English||Moon-Fang Heaven Piercer|
|Used By|| Dyan Arashi|
Ka-reru E. Purobi
|Signature Technique Of||Ichigo Kurosaki|
Getsuga Tenshō (月牙天衝, Moon-Fang Heaven Piercer) is a form of Zanpakutō technique that manifests in certain Shinigami's Zanpakutō. It is Ichigo Kurosaki's signature technique, but has appeared in several other users over time.
At the instant of the slash, the Zanpakutō absorbs its owner's spiritual energy and releases highly condensed spiritual energy at the tip of the blade, magnifying the slash attack and then flies forward. This slash takes the form of a crescent moon or in the shape of a wave. Ichigo himself uses this ability without knowing its name several times but masters the technique later on during his Bankai training. As stated by Zangetsu, knowing the name of an attack heightens its power compared to its strength when the wielder does not know its name. The Getsuga Tenshō is a powerful technique with great force, capable of causing large-scale damage and destruction. The user can use this technique in several different manners, such as striking the ground to create an omnidirectional blast to knock away incoming attacks or slashing at the ground to upturn it and crush everything in its path. The power of Getsuga Tenshō varies between its users.
Unlike other Zanpakutō techniques, the Getsuga Tenshō has appeared in several different users, instead of being limited to one. The first known user was Isshin Kurosaki, however, his son, Ichigo Kurosaki, also gained the ability when he developed Shinigami powers, implying the Getsuga Tenshō can be "inherited" in some way. This is further supported by Ka-reru E. Purobi's use of the technique, as his nephew, Dyan Arashi can also use the technique, though he shares the Zanpakutō Zangetsu with Ichigo. Kaitou Tsukikage and Mikado Ryugamine also share Zangetsu and Engetsu with Ichigo and Isshin respectively, and this have access to the Getsuga Tenshō. Several cases of users who are unrelated to each other and also possess the Getsuga Tenshō are shown in Raian Getsueikirite, Gekkou Utsukushi, Haruhi Kurosaki, and Mizuki Shirosaki, however, they each possess a Zanpakutō with a moon-based theme. Rushifā Sureiyā is capable of using the technique due to having collected battle data of it's full power instilled within his mind during his experimentation process with Szayel Aporro Granz. His version is almost completley identical to Ichigo Kurosaki's due to all of it's data coming from the latter's use of it during his initial rescue attempt on Orihime Inoue.
Kaito Kurui, Captain of the Twelfth Division and Head of the Department of Research and Development, published in the Seireitei Communication magazine an article with his theory on the Getsuga Tenshō. He states that he believes the Getsuga is a technique that is looking for a user who can completely master it, and as such appears in various users as a sort of "trial run". If this theory is proved correct, the person who seems to be the candidate to master the Getsuga Tenshō would be Dyan Arashi.
- Getsuga Soshaku (月牙一口, Moon Fang Bite): Should a Getsuga that a user has used be deflected, they can use this ability to "influence" the remaining energy shards to bombard the opponent before they give out. The damage itself is not major, but the user can manipulate the remaining Getsuga energy in anyway they please.
- Shōgetsu (障害月影, Impediment Moon) An new attack first displayed by Zangetsu during Dyan's Jinzen training and later learned by Dyan. When used, energy envelops the blade and the Dyan swings it forward, unleashing a blast of energy that circles around the target when it hits, creating a round spiraling cage of green energy that traps the opponent. While easy to shatter from the outside, it is difficult to escape from the inside.
- Kuroi Getsuga Tenshō (黒月牙天衝, "Black Moon-Fang Heaven Piercer"): Ichigo and Dyan's Tensa Zangetsu has a variation of Getsuga Tenshō while in the Bankai state. It can be used in the same manners, but can be used in an enhanced form. When used in Bankai, these potent blasts are black with a red outline and their path can be controlled, with explosively augmented power and speed. During Byakuya Kuchiki's fight with Ichigo, he refers to this attack as a Black Getsuga, referring to the attack's darkened color. Ichigo has stated that the Black Getsuga was originally Hollow Ichigo's technique, and has been proven as Ichigo had no knowledge of it during his fight with Byakuya Kuchiki, and Hollow Ichigo stated that all Ichigo was doing when he used the technique was copying his inner Hollow. Ichigo and Dyan can also keep Getsuga Tenshō within Tensa Zangetsu to augment his sword swings. In Bankai, Kūgo Ginjō also showed this variation.
- Hon'yū no Getsuga Tenshō (本有の月牙天衝, Natural Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer): A move that can only be accessed when Dyan is in his Hybrid Form. Dyan can absorb reishi from almost any kind of Spirit attack (as Hollows powers also come from the reiatsu in their surroundings), and use it to form a "Natural Getsuga Tenshō". This technique is unique, as there is no limit to how many times it can be performed, due to it not using Dyan's own Spiritual Energy. While using this technique, the designs on Dyan's skin glow with the energy of the Getsuga.
- Getsurame (黒月影雨, Black Moon Rain): Usable only in Bankai, Dyan slashes his blade up at the sky, releasing a large blast of black needle-like rods of energy into the sky. Swinging his blade down, the rods rain down on the opponent, piercing them in various places. Dyan can create a maximum of 100 of these, and has limited control over them. The less he creates, the easier they are to control.
- Kujogetsu (駆除月影 Extermination Moon): Dyan fires a massive amount of reiatsu into the air and it forms a large, floating orb of Getsuga Reiatsu, similar in appearance to a large, full moon. Calling out the attack's name. he swing's his blade down. The orb immediately bursts, splitting into multiple light green "meteors" which rain down onto the opponent. These meteors seem to "home in" on Dyan's target, and cease only when the blast(s) hit something else.
- Hakai Getsuga (月を壊す Breaking Moon Fang): A simpler, yet unique version of the Getsuga Tensho created by Rushifa. Hakai Getsuga is a techniqe initiated whenever Rushifa retains the Getsuga's energy inside of his claymore, and then uses it as a melee attack against his foe. The secret behind this attack is that whenever the blade makes contact with his foe or with any object, all of the Getsuga's energy is released up close and creates a massive explosion.
- Ugetsu (雨月, Unable To See The Moon Because Of Rain): Ugetsu is the most powerful attach sans Mugetsu that is available to Dyan. It is formed by firing a massive Getsuga Tenshō at full-power into the skies, which halts right above the area of it's initiator's spiritual energy range. At that point, all sources of reishi are collected by the Getsuga technique, no matter the size or density of the spiritual energy. As more gathers, the size of the Getsuga in the skies grows into a large black moon which blocks out the sun. Any beings that are made of reishi that come into contact with the technique are either sucked in, effectively strengthening the technique overall, or completely decimates said target. It is unknown exactly how to stop the technique, but it has been noted that only by killing the user of the technique can stop Ugetsu. However, it has also been said that if one can stop the Getsuga Tenshō from collecting enough reishi, it is theoretically possible to stop it before it gets too powerful.
"Final" Getsuga Tenshō Edit
Saigo no Getsuga Tenshō (最後の月牙天衝, The Final Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer): By using this technique, the user becomes the Getsuga (月牙, Moon Fang) itself. It is referred to as the “Final” Getsuga Tenshō because if a Shinigami uses it, they loses all of their Shinigami powers. For the duration of the ability, the user’s hair turns black, and becomes waist-length. Light bluish-gray bandages form around their body, tightly wrapped around their torso, right arm, and face, ending just beneath their eyes. Black flame-like markings spread across their chest and wrap around their left arm, and the remains of a tattered black cloak cover their lower body. In this form, the user’s body constantly emits smoky black reiatsu, most of which is focused around their right arm. Being in this form allows the user to use Mugetsu. Once it is used, the transformation dissipates, in which they will then lose consciousness accompanied by intense pain with the loss of their Shinigami powers following. Then, any remaining reiatsu stabilizes and they will awaken (sometime later, roughly a month) followed shortly by the loss of their remaining Reiryoku. However, when Ichigo lost his reiatsu, a tiny portion of it accumulated in a single location inside of him over time, and he began to regain it slightly after a year and a half.
- Mugetsu (無月, Moonless Sky): The user generates a blade of deep black spiritual energy in their hand and swings it towards the target. Doing so causes a massive veil of black spiritual energy to erupt upwards and approach the target, darkening the sky, and heavily damaging anything caught within the blast. The energy then continues to rise, dissipating into the sky.
- Despite being mainly a Zanpakutō technique, both Kūgo Ginjō and Ichigo Kurosaki manifested it in their Fullbring.